Graduation Shrug – Seelenwärmer für den Abiball


Dear friends,


at the time my youngest is doing his A-levels. Time to give some thought to my attire at the graduation dance. Got the dress last year already (bought it as I did not feel up to making one myself - yet) but haven't (err... rather: hadn't ) got anything to put on on top.

Right.

It did take me ages to debate what might suit me and I actually started off with something completely different on my mind but I ended up making a shrug (my first one).

Ta-Dah!


Starting with 104 chain stitches (N°5 hook) I made 70 rows in V-Stitch (1 tr + ch 1 + 1tr = black), getting a rectangle measuring 50 x 70cm.
I joined the edges and make 5 rounds of dense V-Stitches (tr2tog + ch 1 + tr2tog + ch 1 + … = green) around each armhole and around the front.
 
V-stitch-Chart
Like this:




I'll keep in touch!

P.S.: Promise: No more pictures of me in my next post!




Liebe Freunde,


mein Jüngster steckt zur Zeit in den Abiturprüfungen. Da war es an der Zeit, mir mal über mein Outfit für den Abiball Gedanken zu machen. Bereits letztes Jahr kaufte ich mir ein Kleid, aber bislang hatte ich nichts zum drüber ziehen.

Wie immer brauchte ich eine Ewigkeit mich zu entscheiden. Genaugenommen hatte ich noch etwas gänzlich anderes vor Augen, als ich mit einer 5er Häkelnadel 104 Luftmaschen aufnahm. Während ich 70 Reihen in V-Stiche (1 Stb + 1 Lm + 1 Stb = schwarz) häkelte, kamen mir immer mehr Bedenken.

Da hatte ich aber bereits ein Rechteck, welches 50x70cm maß …


Was nun? …

Schnell mal Inspiration bei Pinterest gesucht und dann hüpfte mir ein Shrug/Seelenwärmer von der Nadel!
  

Dazu verband ich einfach die Ecken des Rechtecks miteinander und umhäkelte die somit entstandenen Armlöcher und die große Öffnung vorne mit jeweils 5 Reihen dichte V-Stiche (2 zabStb + 1 Lm + 2 zabStb + 1 Lm + … = grün).
 
V-Stiche
Also in etwa so:




Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Versprochen: Im nächsten Post gibt es keine Bilder von mir!

Kommentare

  1. Very beautiful!! And you don't have to promise that you won't show pictures of yourself anymore! It's nice to see you! And you're looking good with that shrug!
    My first shrug was a disappointment, perhaps I'll try it again with your example.
    Take care and congratulations with the graduation of your youngest!
    Sigrid x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much, dear Sigrid!
      I didn't think I'd like a shrug, but it's nice. And I didn't think it would be so easy either.
      Have a nice week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. Lovely !!!!
    Have a great day !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thank you for sharing at my link party today

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. lovely! love the shaping of this shrug and appreciate your sharing the pattern!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Congratulations to your son graduating! Your shrug looks amazing coupled with your dress. You look beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful time at the dance!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Keri,
      thank you very much! I'm pretty sure it'll be an amazing afternoon and a long evening/night!
      Happy crafting,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  6. The shrug is lovely, Marjan! Easy patterns that turn out so well are hard to find. Hope you enjoy the dance!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Jenny, I think I'll enjoy the dance thouroughly. I will try your hair-conditioner-trick in the shrug too as it still feels a bit rough to the touch.
      Have a happy adn creative week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  7. Beautiful shrug on a beautiful lady. I just found your blog and I am really enjoying it. I hope you had a wonderful time at the dance. Congratulations on your son's graduation.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Billi,
      we had a wonderful evening, didn't stay late, so it wasn't too embarrassing for the graduates who definitely wanted to enjoy the night without the ever watchfull eyes of their parents...
      Wish you a lovely time at exploring the studio! I'm happy you found your way here!
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts