Flooded - Überschwemmt


Dear friends,


no crochet to show... We've had the basement flooded twice this week.

My crochet hook is still laying where I dropped it late Monday afternoon when my eldest yelled: „There's water everywhere!“

Within minutes after he came upstairs to have a little chat and say goodnight, the basement was flooded. We've been fighting ever since, had very little sleep and more on our hands than we can handle really, but we're coping (and hoping each downpoor and thunderstorm may pass without another flooding).

My eldest is camping in the studio ever since his basement-appartment was flooded. Most of his furniture was ruined. What we could save (from his appartment as well as from the supply and storage rooms) are heaped in the living room.

I cannot tell when I'll have time to do some crochet again, but: I'll keep in touch!




Liebe Freunde,


Da unser Keller diese Woche zwei mal unter Wasser stand, habe ich nichts Häkeltechnisches vorzuweisen...

Meine Häkelnadel liegt sogar immer noch genau dort, wo ich sie am Montag Spätnachmittag habe fallen lassen, als mein Großer plötzlich schrie: „Wo kommt denn das ganze Wasser her!?“

Innerhalb der Viertelstunde, die er nach oben kam, um noch ein wenig zu plaudern, bevor er Gute Nacht sagte, ist der Keller vollgelaufen. Seitdem sind wir im Einsatz - Rund um die Uhr. Schlafmangel ist aber unser geringstes Problem, denn so lange sich die Wetterlage hält, droht der Keller bei jedem Regenguss und erst recht bei jedem Gewitter erneut voll zu laufen...

Mein Großer hat sich im Atelier einquartiert - seine Kellerwohnung ist ruiniert. Was wir aus der Kellerwohnung und dem/n Vorrats- und Abstellräumen retten konnten stapelt sich nun im Wohnzimmer.

Wann ich wieder zum Häkeln komme, ist schwer vorher zu sagen, aber: Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. How terrible! We've had some water in our basement too (50 buckets!), but it's not as bad as your story sounds...
    I hope the sun will come soon and stay for a while!
    Thinking of you!
    Sigrid

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. How awfull! You've got water too!? According to the weather forecast things should get better from Wednesday on - I do hope so!
      Have a nice weekend,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. I have seen the news ! It's terrible !!! So many people with so many damage !!!
    I hope the Sun will be there soon...
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Anna! Sunny spells and no rain today so far - I do hope it'll stay like this. Even though it's not fun, we've still been lucky - others have lost everything!
      Have a nice Sunday though,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. So sorry to hear this! I hope it is over soon. Glad you all are safe.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Ana. Will take quite a while till things are back to normal though.

      Löschen
  4. Sorry about these bad News . I wish you to have better time and weather.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear Bluettine. We've been flooded yet again yesterday... Thus no time for leasure yet either...

      Löschen
  5. Hello dear Marjan, I am so sorry to hear about your flood. I know this can be quite devastating and so irritating. I hope that you are doing better. Maybe you have had time to enjoy your crochet? Wishing you the very best. Hugs, Pat

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Pat,
      Thank you very much! I did try some crochet but I find it hard to concentrate and slow down. My mind is spinning and I'm extremely tense.
      Hope you have a wonderful Sunday,
      Marjan

      Löschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts